Fitness to Work Certificates

You only need a doctors note if you are unable to work and are ill for longer than 7 calendar days.  Your employer will provide you with an SC2 self-certificate form for shorter periods of illness.  We can provide form SC1 for unemployed or self-employed patients.

If you do need a Fitness to Work Certificate (sick note) after the 7 day period, you will need to have seen or make an appointment to be seen by a GP before a certificate will be issued.

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website